It’s been an up and down year and at certain points I’ve sat and wondered if I’ve achieved anything at all. However this is completely untrue. Looking back I’ve made two very good friends and after some soul searching I’ve achieved my dream job (or the dream job of the moment! The ultimate dream job would be self employment)
I’ve also started a small style revolution within myself. It’s taken some playing around and experimentation but I’ve finally been able to feel more feminine and stop hiding behind frumpy clothes. I am now much more comfortable in my own skin and as such wearing dresses I wouldn’t have worn 18 months ago, even ones above the knee!
There is still work to do on the big re-build of myself. I’m happy with my friendship circle, I have the new job to start, I am doing ok with my studies and have even dropped a day at work to better enable my work life balance. Overall if I ignore a horrid blip around September it’s been a very positive year.
2014 I hope will be a time to expand on that. Health & well being really needs to take centre stage and as a lover of books I’ve chosen 3 books to help me get started, two of which are part of the coming years book club reviews. “Feel the Fear and do it anyway” as a general self help book, “How to Love like a hot chick” (plus maybe the other two in the series dependent on time) and then “101 Things to do before you Diet” a book I’ve read before and started me on the path to feeling better in myself and the way I dress. I’m hoping to pull out something new from all the books and have a bit of fun in the meantime.
I don’t like to make resolutions but I do like to set some kind of goals to work towards so I think 2014 will be:
- Finish some more goals from the Day Zero list (101 things to do in 1001 days) www.dayzeroproject.com
- More blog updates as I haven’t had time recently to do this
- Read all 40 books that are currently taking up space on my stairs (any new books will need to be stashed someplace else as the pile never seems to go down at the minute!)
- Get healthier physically either by losing weight, more exercise or both
- Get healthier spiritually
- Get healthier financially by either clearing a credit card or saving up some rainy day money
What about everyone else? What goals do you have?
Thank you to everybody that has liked my blogs since I started them at the beginning of the year and I hope everyone has a lovely holiday season however you chose to celebrate it.