Well maybe not a proper book review.
This is a comprehensive look at chakras: what they are, how they affect the body, how to use meditation and physical practice to heal a blocked one. I found this a fantastic book to start my journey on learning some healing roles and hopefully becoming a holistic practioner. As well as all the information I found a few quotes that inspired me and I’d like to share:
- (Time for yourself) This is your special time. Explain to children. It’s good for young children to see their parents take special time.
- Perceive, believe, achieve
- Meditation can relieve stress
- I can… (characteristic of Sacral chakra)
- I love… (heart chakra)
- Some yogis live on prana (energy). You may not want to live on prana. I personally prefer the occasional meal
- If you believe in failure, failure will hold you in its grip
- Walk in love and light
And finally she ends with a quote from John Lennon whose words sum up what she says is ‘that moment of release when we step off the treadmill and start to simply be…’
I’m just sitting here watching the wheels go
round and round.
I really love to watch them roll,
no longer riding on the merry go round
I just had to let it gooooooo!
This is what I aim to do going forward. Time to step off the merry go round and follow my dreams