A few years ago I tried keeping a gratitude jar. This year I changed things up a little bit and decided to have an achievements jar instead. It’s been a funny year. I spent a lot of it stressed and struggling with one thing or another yet the jar when I opened it today was full. We d tend to remember the bad stuff over the good stuff. Or I do and that’s something to work on next year
Going through the jar I realised:
- I’ve repainted all the rooms in my house
- I’ve re-furnished some parts with new carpets, mattresses and smaller items like replacing bins and lampshades
- I finished my holistic courses
- I restarted my degree and submitted my first assignment in 3 years
- I started a business. While I decided I don’t have the time and energy to commit to it at present I’ve laid a good groundwork to pick it up when I am ready
- While I’ve been on less trips this year I’ve been out more. I have had a few drinking nights out which I’d stopped doing. I’e been back to concerts and even a TV taping.
- While I didn’t get to go on a holiday I did get to have a few weekends away with friends
- I won a number of competitions
- And my friends have shown me nothing but love and support
All of which I am very grateful for.
So next year I will focus on trying to remember the good when I am feeling down and not keep it all locked in a jar. Doing a blog a day will probably help as I’ll be able to note it here. I feel like I’ve come through some big changes in life over the 12 months and so looking forward to growing further next year and counting more of all the things I’m grateful for